The job will entail predominately animal husbandry with a variety of different animals and dealing directly with the public in an educational and engaging way.
Animal Husbandry aspect of the job includes:
· Maintain diets
· Cleaning enclosures and making them presentable to the public
· Basic Veterinary care and monitoring health
· Analysing and improving welfare standards
· Training and restraining animals when required
· Managing breeding programs
· Maintaining records
Experience of doing these tasks with a variety animals will be needed as we house a collection that includes Farm stock, Birds, Reptiles, amphibians, exotic mammals, domestic stock and Inverts.
The public aspect of the job entails:
· Communicating and informing the public about all animals on site and being able to answer any questions that they ask
· Public speaking while handling animals for our multiple shows and events
· Managing crowds for these events
· Performing tractor rides
· Keeping public areas clean and presentable
You will be working within a close knit team where supporting each other is essential. Having great interpersonal skills and communicating to other staff members clearly is a must. Being flexible with working days and hours is needed for supporting the animal team and maintain animal welfare standards. Applicants must be able to recognise independently what jobs need caring out and completing them while comprehending instruction from other staff members and completing them as well.
To apply: email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org